Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Has anyone here ever tried Atlas Orthogonal?

New here so bare with me. Ever since the issues I had, I was considering this procedure. Had myself looked at, the said they found a few things which could be corrected with this procedure. After reading reviews, I was convinced it was a hoax and I'd be a patient "for life" at a very expensive rate, so I opted not to go. Curious to know if anyone had any experience with this and can provide feedback...
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,530
    but if you are having clear disc related problems, I would stay clear of that treatment until you talk to your doctor.
    Atlas Orthogonal is used by chiropractors and the general consensus here is that once you have disc problems, stay away from chiropractors.

But, since I have no practical knowledge or reviews of Atlas Orthogonal, I suggest you talk it over with your doctor.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • dilauro said:
    but if you are having clear disc related problems, I would stay clear of that treatment until you talk to your doctor.
    Atlas Orthogonal is used by chiropractors and the general consensus here is that once you have disc problems, stay away from chiropractors.

But, since I have no practical knowledge or reviews of Atlas Orthogonal, I suggest you talk it over with your doctor.

Thanks! I felt as if this place, which was a Welness place by the way, was trying to lure me into their programs and such with this as well. I'll have to stay away. I already said I am using this as a "last resort" if I can't discover other stuff that may be causing my issues.
  • advertisement
  • I agree stay away from chiros they make things worse and are not trained in the atlas and axis.

I did have my atlas adjusted once and its stayed in place, it was no walk in the park afterward but it did heal my pain which I am very greatful for.

I would advise researching more and get x rays and scans. the atlas does not show up on mri's so get specific x rays done.

look up atlas profilax and have a look.

Many chiros and osteos are just after money and can really cause damage, as before I saw one I never clicked anywhere but after I click all the time.

all the best

• ashlina85aashlina85 TennesseePosts: 3
    I have had this type of treatment and I can say that it did help my atlas, but it made the rest of my neck worse.  If you don't have problems in your lower discs it might help you.  My atlas was 12 degrees rotated when I started which made my head feel twisted and off to the side.  He was able to fix that part.
  • LizLiz Posts: 9,745

This is an old discussion created by a member no longer on the forum so I am closing it.

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • advertisement
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.