Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

pain med help

I moved to Phoenix and can't find a good Dr to fill my oxycodone 30 mil.
Anyone have any help or advice?
In need of serious pain relief


  • Yea, you will have to find a pcp there first and have them give you a referral to PM. It takes awhile so start by finding a pcp. That's the best advice I can give you.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526
    indicated, you need to find a Primary Care Physician, A Pain management doctor, etc to help you with medications.

    If you previous doctor was prescribing this, then that doctor should contact a doctor in the area you are now living in.

    But then you would still need to go through all the various tests, etc to make sure that the medication is warranted.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
  • usually, when someone moves, they start to look for new doctors in the area they are moving to, especially when it comes to needing ongoing care for a medical condition. that way, you could have had your records sent to the new doctor, they would have had time to review them, and decide if they would accept you as a patient.
    in this current environment in chronic pain , no patient can afford to just assume that they can walk into a doctors office and walk out with a prescription for pain medications, no matter how extensive their history is. doctor's don't just take the patients word for the conditions they are being seen for......they want records, test results, and confirmation of medications and dosages.......

  • i concure
    if i were moving, i would ask my current pain doctor if he could recommend someone or where to go to find a new dr outside of his area. i would immediately contact your new area, hospitals, web sites, and contact someone and tell them you are moving a need a new dr and what the dr would need for the first appointment. you need to be proactive with such matters. when my first pain dr retired, i asked him for a referral and he was outside of the area also. he gave me a name and maybe you could ask your doctor to contact someone in the new area and let them know about you and how you are being treated. remember be proactive
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • Contact your old doctor and get a referral. That way the new doctor will have your medical history.
  • advertisement
Sign In or Register to comment.