Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I don't understand my MRI..I need help until I see my Dr.

Findings: L-4 L-5, Broad based disc bulge facet disease causing moderate central canal stenosis. Disc material extends of the right and left exit for am in a mass effect upon both exit L4 nerve roots.
L5- S1 Change of metal artifact identified at the L5-S1 level.
Moderate central canal stenosis due to broad based disc bulge, with facet disease. Disc material extends into the right and left for a men affecting both exiting L4 nerve roots.
I've had a cage put in 2000 level L4 L5.
Sherry Lance
advertisement

Comments

• Please someone help.
    Sherry Lance
  • SarahLindeauSarahLindeau Posts: 766
    edited 04/17/2014 - 8:03 PM
    Hi there sherry,

So it's against policy for anyone here on spine health to give MRI interpretations as only your physician can properly do that. Do you have a follow up appointment to discuss the findings? Usually the ordering physician will want to speak with you, especially if your images are abnormal and you are in pain.

I wish you luck. From where I sit, looks like you have some issues and are probably in significant pain.
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1
  • advertisement
  • SarahLindeauSarahLindeau Posts: 766
    edited 04/17/2014 - 8:02 PM
    I think you should ask your doctor about radio frequency ablation (RFA). They burn the affected nerve roots and some people get significant pain relief for a year or more if the nerve roots were the cause of the pain
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1
  • LizLiz Posts: 9,299

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,923
    But, I can comment on this. Any diagnostic report that comes back has three key words to look for:
    • - MILD - MODERATE- SEVERE
    Those words mean the same for a MRI report as they do in every day life. You can deal with the MILD, the MODERATE may require more attention and SEVERE will require intervention.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • advertisement
  • TarenTTaren Posts: 524
    edited 04/18/2014 - 4:39 AM
    Just make sure you don't miss your appt. with your dr. He is best suited to help you understand what your MRI says. Like Ron said look for mild, moderate or severe.
advertisement