Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I am EDITED and im scared

Comments

• and wound up just as confused as the rest in trying to determine what he was taking.......so I copied the relevant information from his four posts on this thread...

"i am scared i been on norco 10's for 3 years she got me off norco on 3/29/14 i told her not to put me on Oxycontin 20mg pink now 1 month i am on Oxycontin and i had a Rx from my doctor saying to take norco 2 time a day in November 13 2013 im going to doctors on this Thursday i want to take only one painkiller is there a substitute for Oxycontin please i need a fast reply she is chiropractor/internal medicine /pain doctor i don't want to take Oxycontin and norco together what should i tell her that i went back on norco on my own "
    From Mikey's first post

"I've been taking 20 milligrams of oxycontin Then I had an Rx 10'S of Norco I refilled it do you understand Norco I can function from Norco second of all when I start taking oxy 20 I had the worst side effects ever I was having headaches nausea now I am taking Norco 10 325 Plus 40 milligrams of oxy 20 I was taking Norco by myself without asking the doctor"

From his second post

"i was taken off Norco for oxycontin- from his third post"

I screwed up big time

"she took me off norco and put me on 20 milligrams twice a day now I feel like an idiot if I go to the doctors and tell her I take 10 325 Plus 40 milligrams of oxyCotin I'm scared what the doctor is going to do to me. but like I said Norco I function very well from it oxycontin I am scared to death to take it I am taking it now I together what is the doctor gonna do to me first of all I told her I do not want to be put on oxycontin because I heard a lot of bad stories about it then she put me on oxyMorpHone er and I got a severe headache from it so she put me back on oxycontin 20 milligrams twice daily took me off Norco 10 325 but I put myself back on Norco 10 325 because like I told you all I function way better on Norco then oxycontin and when I take Norco I have less pain"

From his fourth post

What appears to have happened is that he was taken off Norco by his doctor back on March 29th.......he saw his doctor again, and she changed his medication to Oxymorphone at one point, which gave him a headache, so she put him on Oxycontin 20 mg, twice a day. He didn't want to take the Oxycontin, but knew that he had a refill(s) of Norco, so he got that refilled and took the Norco, not sure whether it was in place of, or in conjunction with the Oxycontin, at first, but apparently , recently with the Oxycontin as well........so he has still self medicated, and filled a prescription that he should not have filled, and failed to discuss all of this with his doctor.
    He has not posted since his original posts on this thread so we don't know the outcome but I would guess that it didn't go well....
  • Who's on first?! hehe
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1
  • advertisement
  • Not me.....................LOL :D :-D
  • It is not unusual to get a fast acting pill and a long acting pill to work together. It should work for you,,Follow your Dr. orders,and you should feel better....take care,,Kerry W.
  • unfortunately, this thread is from over a month ago, and the original thread starter has not posted since......

https://www.spine-health.com/forum/announcements/spine-health-announcements/suicide-help-resources
  • advertisement
  • I will take whatever it takes to get me through the day. My pain management wanted to know if I wanted Percocet and I said no so he gave me the Butrans patch and I can still take norco 10/325 but maybe 2 a day. He does not believe in muscle relaxants since he says more additive but I know I get some relief from flexeril so now giving me a ectro patch something like delivering ibprophen directly into skin so better on stomach. Works okay except big patch. He also wants me on topamax instead of gabapentin so I'm still weaning off from 2400 to 1200 and I can feel the difference. Started seeing pain management since November and he been helping me but maybe getting me more addicted to pains meds, I'm not sure but I love the guy and he's trying to help.
    Vicki
advertisement