Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

October Surgery Buddies

advertisement

Comments

• I am 3 weeks and 4 days post L5 S1 discectomy. Sadly my nerve pain has come back. I feel like I will never get my life back. I just feel like crying. I do not know what to do. I pray all of my October surgery buddies are doing great! I pray also y'alls recovery is easy!
    L5-S1 Emergency PLIF Revision May 26th 2015
    L5-S1 PLIF May 22nd 2015.
    L5-S1 Discectomy Feb 27th 2015.
    L5-S1 Discectomy Oct 30th 2014.
    Ashley
  • I'm sorry to hear that your nerve pain has returned. Hopefully it's just temporary and goes away again soon.
    If it last more than a few days, call your doctor. It could just be part of the process. Keep us posted.
    CSM = C2-C5 Posterior Laminectomy w/Fusion and Instrumentation
    Surgery Complete 10/4/14
  • advertisement
  • Thank you! I go for my first post op appointment on December 3rd. So I will ask them then. I have my list of questions ready. How is your recovery going Neck? I pray that all of my October surgery buddies are doing amazing and seeing improvements each day!!!!
    L5-S1 Emergency PLIF Revision May 26th 2015
    L5-S1 PLIF May 22nd 2015.
    L5-S1 Discectomy Feb 27th 2015.
    L5-S1 Discectomy Oct 30th 2014.
    Ashley
  • Mine was a total failure. In far worse pain, wish I never did it. I will never encourage anyone to have this awful surgery. I was doing great for a year and now I am crippled. I asked to have the hardware removed and just get what I had back but that is impossible, now I have to live like this for life. Spine surgery is a death sentence. The reason there are not "success stories" here is not because people are skipping through the daisies and don't report back, but because there are so few success stories, it is insignificant in the onslaught of failures.
advertisement