Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Spasms 1 month after L4-5 and L5-S1 foraminotomy

ligurialliguria Posts: 1
edited 12/11/2014 - 8:06 PM in Recovering from Surgery
I'm 5 weeks post op for L4-5 and L5-S1 foraminotomy surgery. Everything was going great for almost a month when last week I started getting spasm in nerve area of left hip that radiates to calf. I've been doing a lot of walking building up my distance. Nothing hard. I can't sit but feel great walking. Getting up in the morning takes a minute or two to get the spasm out that starts right after getting up. I pretty much lay down or walk because of the spasms. Muscle relaxers do nothing. Is this normal. I was told after surgery that it would be 6 months to a year to heal. I would really like to just sit again without a spasm.
advertisement

Comments