Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I'm only 17 and I've been suffering for a long time tried many options and out of hope

advertisement

Comments

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    some17kid, the theme of what everyone is saying is dont take a backseat in this health thing, we all are offering things that we did, that helped us or we wish we had done to advocate for our health and if that can help you avoid somethings we went through then great. (I wish i had done a journal like LC84 suggested)
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • Old ladyOOld lady Posts: 3
    edited 02/12/2015 - 5:06 AM
    If I were you, I would begin to treat the neck and shoulder as unrelated.
    Regarding your neck, you'll want to take every step you can to heal your spine, without surgery. Start by getting a neck brace. If you've hurt your neck it can take months if not years to heal it, but you have to give it a rest and stop pushing it to show how far you can turn or make it pop. :p
    With your shoulder, again, rest. Young people are lucky that they heal quickly, but are you really aware of how many demands you're making on that part of your body? Again, I'd start by wearing a sling, if only as a reminder to stop using your shoulder and arm. Inflammation can be painful and the pain radiates which makes it difficult to pinpoint where the exact cause is.
    If after stabilizing both areas for 6-8 weeks (not at the same time) while taking anti-inflammatories (like Aleve) my guess is you'll be better able to pinpoint the area of pain. Then you can go from there.
    It would be great if you could find a doctor willing to give you numbing shots, like novocaine or even Botox as a diagnostic tool, once you pinpoint the area to find the nerves/nerves bothering you.
    Keep a pain log. Keep a copy of all of your records. Practice verbalizing the severity of your pain. Doctors don't believe you unless your screaming, sweating profusely and crying, so you'll have to find a dramatic way of telling the doctor how much it's impacting your life.. Is it keeping you from sleeping? Does the pain wake you up? Does it keep you from doing activities you want to do? Do you feel life is paassing you by? Does it depress you?
    Try everything you can before surgery, which can cause more problems and pain than it fixes, particularly with your spine.
    Don't give up. Keep looking for answers. Best to you.
  • advertisement