Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

SPINAL CORD STIMULATOR ADVICE PLEASE

Comments

• I got my permanent stimulator on May 11, 2010, and had to have a revision on June 7th. My pain has been in my left butt and down my leg/foot for 6 years and I've had 6 previous back surgeries (including 2 fusions). The stimulator is working well on my leg but hasn't helped at all in my butt. The problem I've had is not being able to sit (for 6 years!), in the car, at the table, etc. I was hoping the stimulator would allow that but it hasn't yet, anyway. Has anyone else had a bad outcome like this? All of these posts seem to be positive, and I'm trying to figure out if anyone has been able to correct a less positive outcome.

Thanks-this is my first post.

Linda
  • Hi Linda welcome you posted on a really old posting. I would recommend going into treatments and then the spinal cord stimulator section. At the top you'll see post a topic. Go ahead and post a new topic with all your questions. Have you talked to your rep and told them your having trouble with the coverage in your buttock? They should try and help you adjust it to what would help. Take care!

I am currently awaiting my trial so I'm still learning about this thing...
  • advertisement
  • I go into hospital on 13/7/2011 to have the trial stimulator put in will i know as soon as it is in if the pain has decreased.

Thank you
    HUYTON.
  • I SENT IN A COMMENT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
  • Nickybjp777NNickybjp777 Posts: 1
    edited 02/26/2015 - 6:35 AM
    I'm 17 years old, and I also had a laminectomy for herniated discs L4&L5. I have tried everything possible to relief my back and leg pain, from injections to therapy, nothing is working. I am having an SCS trial next Wednesday, which I am nervous about. Can I get some advice please?! I am currently being treated by a pediatric PM doctor at xxxx and they are SO amazing! I've been there for 2 years now, and I don't even think they know how much I love and appreciate them, though my pain hasn't been exactly relieved yet. I will appreciate if someone could inform me a little on what to expect. Thanks!! :) -NicoleB.
    NicoleB.
  • advertisement
  • do your due diligence and arm yourself with the knowledge. there are many risks to take into consideration. weigh up the pros and cons for your particular situation and make an educated decision.

https://www.spine-health.com/treatment/back-surgery/spinal-cord-stimulation-advantages-and-risks

-doug
    Realize that FEAR is our worst enemy. Get up & get out in that stormy weather of the real world & kick fear in the teeth. Stare at it dead in the eyes & walk right through it into the storm; because once you're wet, you won’t fear the rain anymore
  • What happens during the trial? When you get it implantednis the device noticeable? How big is the remote? How do you charge it? I am 3 months post op ALIF and have had a huge increase in pain, numbness in both legs, and burning sensation in both feet. I have an MRI next week to see what is causing the issues and have discussed the stimulator with my pm Dr as an alternative to going under the knife again. I tried numerous versions of oxycodone for over 7 months(nothing really helped) and changed to hydrocodone last month(also not very effective). The only thing that really gives me relief is my TENS unit but I cant wear/use it as much as needed or id have to take out a small loan for 9 volt batteries lol And the wires and pads get in the way. Any and all info is greatly appreciated.
    Ryan
  • Three weeks after surgery battery pouch got infected. Since the I honestly feel like I am having labor pains in my left hip/groin/back for 3 months now. To point where I can't stand up.

Just moved to make matters worse. New doctors. At orthopedic doctor now. Suggested get battery removed. Has anyone had their device removed? Thanks
    Dawn Ray
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.