Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial


In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

help with doctor selection

mmarienmmmarien Posts: 1
edited 03/10/2015 - 7:15 AM in Pain Management
Those of us that suffer chronic pain are probably looking for the same answers that I am. What can be do to stop this suffering? I can't get answers; or know what type of Doctor I should see to help me.
I have seen a Neurosurgeon several years ago. He said I have bulging discs that were in operable.
He referred me back to my PCP; who then referred me to a Pain Management Doctor.
Other than Hydrocodone, and Opana and four injections over the past 5 years, that is the only relief - very temporary, that I have had.
One doctor told me I had a pinched nerve causing the pain, the other didn't have an answer.
I have severe pain in my left shoulder; and now it has gone to my arm; tingling at times
Has anyone had similar symptoms; and had successful treatment? I am wits end.
With the new laws enacted limiting a 30 day and amount of opiods; it is very difficult to get medication; when you need them.
The sufferers are the ones who are being punished by these laws due to abusers.
I need help please. Can anyone please tell me what type of doctor I should try to see and any tests that will tell me what's wrong?
I am so sorry for being so lengthy. I am desperate and can't cope much longer.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
I hope you can get at least some comfort some time


Sign In or Register to comment.