Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

How long can kinesiology tape be applied

I have been having upper back / neck pain plus localized lowe back pain (al lright side). After 4 months of physiotherapy and not very encouraging results, the PT applied kinesiology tape on the upper back.

The pain reduced significantly overnight and has remained like that for a week now. PT suggests that I apply the tape for at least a month and possibly several months. He has not had any personal experience with patients applying the tape for long period.

I could not find much on the internet. In fact, there is talk about the tape being quackery but well it has made it possible for me to get back into work and strengthening the upper back.

Please share any experiences and views on the safety of wearing the tape for month +
advertisement