Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Why is my shoulder buzzing?

Comments

• a bit better...
    Question for you I guess is is it bad enough that you would consider another surgery if that was the recommendation....
    How long has this been going on?
    First lumbar herniations 1997
    Fall from bike=>Transient paralysis/central cord/ACDF C5-6-7 2001
    T10-11-12 lamincetomy, T8 herniation 2004 (mild caudia equina)
    Head/neck took some whacks Jan 2015....
  • SarahLindeauSarahLindeau Posts: 766
    edited 05/20/2015 - 4:44 PM
    Sorry for the duplicate post
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1
  • advertisement
  • Ctl- advice is kind of against the rules, but we can all tell our personal stories in hopes that it will help or could help our friends on here. The idea and reasoning behind that is that none of us are physicians and if one of us was, giving medical advice to someone you've never met or haven't examined in person really doesn't benefit anyone. So although it feels a bit strange in the beginning , (as I believe all of us, when we found this site, joined with the hopes of hearing advice), it actually is better to just listen to one another and share our own firsthand experiences, without a transaction of advice taking place.

Don't feel bad if you feel like you broke the rules. The honest truth is any of us who have been on here for an extended period of time have most likely needed a scolding once or twice in order to keep this place safe and devoid of bad advice and injury.

As for my thoracic spine, my journey is just beginning and my pain is no where near bad enough to warrant anything drastic yet. I had my ESI today and I'll see where that leaves me when I have a week or so in the rear view mirror.

From what I've read, thoracic surgery is rare and from served usually for extreme cases or traumatic injury. This is due to the risk of injury at this level. So I'm just doing conservative treatments and hoping my disc bulges will resolve themselves without any vertebra involvement or loss of height.

What is your story?
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1