Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Can someone lift me up?

Comments

• Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 646
    And I pray nothing serious for you with your kidneys too. Have your Drs. reported lab work showing hypercalcemia for you also? Was wondering since you've had previous fusions. I asked my surgeon about that being the norm for people recovering from fusion surgery, thinking something to do from bone grafts, she said no, that it wasn't normal, and not something they've experienced with other patients. I was just concerned my bone graft wouldn't heal enough before I go back to work, though I will request another xray mid October. My xray in June showed the bone graft has started, but it didn't look like much, not that I claim to be an xray tech ; )

My general Dr said the normal parathyroid level indicated the hypercalcemia wasn't from being drawn out of my bones. Although, it's seems like a possibility my parathyroid could be fluctuating along with the hypercalcemia, and if that is possible, then how can it just be assumed that the hypercalcemia isn't from calcium being drawn out of my bones?

I did see an endocrinologist ***edit**** was an urologist***once after the kidney stones, think in 2011 or 12...hopefully can just call and make appointment there.

It's amazing how the body works, and what happens when its not functioning properly. In all your years of being on thyroid meds, have you had to adjust your dosage periodically?