Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

any uk people

Comments

• Hiya All,

Im from Exeter, Devon and am awaiting my first ever surgery, Im having a Micro Discectomy on Thursday 4th September on L5/S1. Really nervous but anxious to get it over and done with. Any advice on what to expect in any aspect would be great as I know things are done differently here in the UK to the States.

Thanks

Sally xxx
  • Hi Snoops

I've had a 2 level ADR (c5-6 and 6-7) - no regrets here ..... so far!

I'd forgotten about this thread and wanted to bring it back up to the top again.

In the very olden days Spine Health had a UK section, I found it very useful, as someone has already pointed out, things are done very differently between the US and the UK.

I think having a Brit section would be very useful - I was thinking of doing a post under suggestions ..... I don't want to alienate anyone else but it would be nice to have somewhere to vent our NHS 'experiences' - both good and bad!

Good luck with your surgery Sally and with your appointment Snoopy. Make sure you ask lots of questions, write them down before you go in. I'd be interested to know what sort of discs they are going to use, I have Solis Cages, made out of PEEK. They are like little polo mints with spikes in them, the good thing is that they didn't need loads of hardware to hold them in place.

Sandra
  • advertisement
  • hi guys, i'm based in maidstone, kent, uk. just wanted to say thanks to you all for your postings - i have been following them for some time, but in truth, haven't had anything to add until now. been living with chronic pain for over 4 years now - seen 2 surgeons, had x-rays, mris and 2 spinal probes. have got degeneration at l4-l5 and l5-s1. disc tear at l5, leaking tnf. abnormal l5 vertebra with large right-sided tranverse process. scoliosis at l4-l5. take naproxen, tramadol, co-codamol and when really struggling, amitriptyline. also suffering with bladder problems, urge incontinence, for which i'm taking trospium chloride.

doing it all (at various times) - hydrotherapy, pilates, swimming, spinal manipulation, meditation, reflexology, you name it - but i've finally come to the decision that surgery in the form of dynesis is the right next step for me. in this respect i have started my own blog about my experience - i don't know if it will be of help to anyone out there, i hope you might get something out of it - https://dynesis-kellys-story.blogspot.com/ - i've also started a dynesis group on facebook - everyone welcome!

i'm looking forward to a brighter, drug and pain free future (i hope) x