Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.


AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:19 AM in New Member Introductions
I am somewhat new to this site. I actually have been reading the blogs for about a month. I decided to go ahead and make an account so i can vent!
Here is a little bit about what has been going on for the last 5 months. btw I am the so for the injured person.
Mar of 08 my husband ruptured hsi l5 s1. He has been severe pain since. They finally did an mri and xray 6 weeks later. THis is after chiro and pt. They decide to do esi and did 2 of them with no results expect more pain than before. Each time they ask for new things it took 2 weeks to get an answer from WC. 7 weeks ago we talked to surgeon and he wants to do a fusion. WC made him go do a pchysevaulation before surgery. We had a results from her over a week ago and now worksmans comp says his primary doctor has to resubmit and the surgeon. We are still waiting to hear from WC when his surgery will be. This is so frustrating I want to punch someone. I make sure my hubby has everything he needs before I go to work and we also have a 10 and 13 yo girls that help him out. I have tried to make sure it is as easy as possible for my hubby. During this time I sound a wonderful 3 bdroom home to move to(my girls finally get their own rooms). We were in the house for 6 weeks and the owner decides he wants to move back in. I have to move agian, back to a 2 bedroom. I move this weekend so it means packing, more deposits and headahes. I only one option for houses that would take pets so I had to take a 2 bedroom. This had been so hard I just want to cry all the time. Well I will stop venting now and post more later. You all seem awesome from reaing the blogs and have already helped me more that you know.
thanks for listening

shannon :(


  • Hi Shannon, sounds like a ruff time there what with moving continually. WC always take their time before paying for the required procedures, but dont give up. they will come thru for you. just feed your hubby the smarties and try keep the pain at bay. keep ya chin up gal...you can pull thru.

  • ric thanks for your kind words. im hanging (by a nail) but im still hanging!
  • advertisement
  • Shannon, i've been hanging for a long time too. ;) thinks are not always as bad as they first look. sometimes you need to step back and take a good look to get clarity.

  • Welcome to spine-health...
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am so sorry about the medical delays you are facing. a fusion is a big decision. have you gotten a second opinion? i once lived in a garage after moving back from Mexico for 5 months because i could not find a place to take all my animals. they are my family and sleep where i sleep! anyway, things can only get better. good luck! Jenny :)
  • advertisement
Sign In or Register to comment.