Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Looking for support

advertisement

Comments

• Be careful that you set boundaries with your superiors with what you can and can't do - especially lifting. My best friend was a CNA for a while and she is a much healthier person than I, and she would be exhausted and sore after work. You do have to lift patients in and out of bed, into wheelchairs, etc. She worked very, very long days (swing shift 6 am to 10 pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but full time benefits), so that may have had something to do with it. Please be careful with your back, I can't even lift a few pounds, let alone a 100-200lb person.

This will open so many doors for you! My friend didn't last long, it really took a toll on her emotionally, but she decided to use her knowledge and really do somethig special with her remaining few years in college, rather than just getting a degree. She, too, was going to get into nursing, but she was sickened with the way the nursing home was run that she decided to change her major - for the better! This summer she got a really prestigous internship working in cancer research. I hope your nursing home is better than hers, but I think you need to brace yourself for what you may see/hear/witness other people do. Her work as a CNA really looked good on her college applications and internship/lab position applications, and I imagine that when she goes to Grad School it will help with that, also. Good luck and best wishes.