It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test
The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion
New to site and new to spine issues I'm experiencing. I'm completely lost.
Hello all, thanks in advance for reading my post. I'm new to all of this and am scared.
I'm a 36 year old male, height 6'1 and weight is 315lb. I'm out of shape and have a desk job as an IT administrator. Started a diet, lost approx. 15 to 20 pounds within the last 3 weeks,... hoping diet will help.
About a month ago it started with a "pain in the butt" and then 2 weeks later the bottom of my left foot and calf became numb, they still are. Long story short I went to a Neurologist who did an EMG and said my nerves are okay, then sent me for an MRI. I came back to him and he prescribed Gabapentin and said he doubts the meds will help in my situation since I'm feeling numbness and discomfort mostly. He pretty much said there is nothing more that can be done... He doesn't recommend me to do surgery nor get an epidural or pace make. He also said that physical therapy, chiropractor might help however doubts it too.
I'm completely lost. I don't know what to do. I'm hoping someone with expertise can help. I've provided my MRI results as it makes no sense to me, could someone please help me? Thank you
My MRI impression results...
1. "L5/S1 left paramedian posterior disc herniation on left ventral thecal sac, impressing, flattening and posterolatterlly displacing the left S1 nerve root, impinging it against the left facet with left lateral recess stenosis."
2. "L4/5 left posterolateral disc herniation into the left neural foramen with a radial annular tear. The left L4 nerve root is nearly abutted. Its postion is displaced posterolaterally in the foramen, however. Broad extension of the disc impresses on the ventral thecal sac."
3. "Posterior disc bulges impressing on the thecal sac at T11/12 and L1/2 through L3/4"
4. "L3/4 borderline central spinal stenosis"
5. "Upper left convexity of the lumbar curvature."
No one on the Spine-Health patient forums is medically qualified to provide any advice or recommendations on any diagnostic test. You need to discuss this with your doctor, they are the only ones that can provide you with detailed information about you, the patient.
Liz, Spine-health Moderator