Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

What happens next if my revision surgery failed?

Comments

• MagistraMarlaMMagistraMarla San Antonio, TexasPosts: 217
    I was lucky enough to get in to see my new surgeon very quickly.  I had my one year check-up and found out about the non-fusion on April 19.  I researched, found the new guy and had an appointment with him on May 5.
    Mine wasn't an emergency, so we spent the summer going through lots of tests - a CT scan, an EMG, a CT Myelogram (ouch!) and then a couple of spinal injections. 
    My husband had to attend two back-to-back conferences in Vegas in August, so I went with him.  (hard job, but somebody has to do it!)  We've had a busy September, with several family birthdays and my husband writing a dissertation.  I chose to wait until after we celebrate our 40th anniversary on Oct. 23.
    I'm sure that I could have had the surgery much sooner, but our lives are very full, and I wanted to have some important things out of the way in order to feel more ready to begin another long recovery.
    I'm not too worried about scars - I'm too old to be vain - but I am worried about all of the sources of pain from three incisions.  I'm allergic to opioids, so pain management is difficult for me.
    LOL - I was still teaching at a big high school when I had a muscle biopsy on my upper arm.  It left quite a scar.  My students all encouraged me to scare the freshmen by telling them that I got it while breaking up a knife fight in the cafeteria.  The frightening thing is that such a thing would be quite plausible at that school!
  • Hi there, I had L5 S1 almost 2 years ago, and it did not fuse. my questions to you are:
    For your first surgery, what bone material was used? Bone from your hip? cadaver bone? was BMP used in either surgeries? 
    Second: what was done differently in the revision surgery?
  • advertisement