Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Do you tell pm that you use mj for pain

advertisement

Comments

• dilauro said:

We have a good number of UK members here.  Perhaps so far, no one has seen your discussion or do not have interest in it.   That is the way forum generally work

Well that was a very abrupt answer maybe bordering on rude but hey ho
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,230
    KillerPete, 
    I am just pointed out the facts like I have had to do with hundreds in the same scenario is yours. Some subject areas get a lot of action, and some get little and while those get none.  Its nothing personal, just facts
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • advertisement
  • A cautionary tale--a friend of one of my customers confessed to his doctor that he drank a six pack of beer just about every night.  The doctor perceived this man to be "a danger to himself and others" , and when that's the case,  doctors have the rare right to breach doctor/patient confidentiality laws in order to protect the patient from harming him/herself or anyone else.  The end result was that this patient was stripped of his driver's license for an indeterminate period while said patient was undergoing treatment for alcohol abuse.   The added layerof marijuana being an illegal substance suggests to me that your friend might want to do a little digging to understand the conditions that must be met in order for the doctor to declare your friend to be a danger to himself and others in the UK, as the laws/ethics governing doctor/patient confidentiality might differ between the US and UK.   I'm definitely not suggesting ANY absolute course of action for your friend outside of self-educating if he's in the unfortunate position of self-meficating with something that works,  but isn't legal....

Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • @Kimmy72 I completely understand what you are saying and I think I'll pass it on to him to keep it schtum 
  • Like I said, not suggesting any one path for your friend to take.   I don't jpass judgment  nor give advice to others as far as doing what they need to do to control their pain  but I'm also not the law--what THEY have to say is a different story, and that's simply the way it is. 
    I do wish the best for your friend.   
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • advertisement
  • I think your friend should be honest with the dr. Or tell the dr you are thinking about trying it and see what they say. Might suprise you.
  • Part of the issue and a hot button topic,is separating the hustlers from those who can and do get legitimate relief .

Too many addicts have used and abused the system creatively and extensively .with a resultant reluctance by docs to prescribe meds.

I uave friends who ive gently asked about PTSD..and they tell me the positive aspects of use.that is just one i can see for myself.

Honesty is always the best policy.

But at what cost? as your friend faces his dilemma.

I hope the best for them.

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• blossom77bblossom77 EnglandPosts: 50
    Hi,
    The problem is his current meds aren't helping his pain, has he ever seen a pain specalist? 
    I don't know what he should do, as being honest about his use may make him seem the drug abuser. This could affect what meds he can get and he might be refused prescriptions. I know what chronic pain is like I'm really not judging him at all. I am so sorry his pain sort of forced him into doing this. Maybe he should just tell his dr how much pain he is in, then hopefully he can review his drugs etc and get his pain under control. Then he can stop using anything else, it could be interacting with his prescribed medication.
    Difficult situation, Take care
    Kate
  • lauramanllauraman AtlantaPosts: 27
    Unfortunately the legal status is something that we can't do anything about. However, I can say from personal experience that smoking pot isn't the best way to to take in the drug. I've found that extracting the hemp oil works much better and doesn't intoxicate you as much. Plus you are able to control your dosage much better since smoking in my opinion is the worst way to take in marijuana. 
advertisement