Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

So much more than pain

Comments

• Max Lee

Take it and run
    Take that Joy
    Steal that from the pain for yourself.
    Go forth and whoop tail!

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 606
    William Garza-
    Thank you! 
    We've gone on so many bike runs & poker runs to raise money for different charities. We have a large group of friends that ride & we make a day of it. 
    I am really hoping that we can get in some rides this summer. 
  • advertisement
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    Motor, my friend did the Grand Canyon by bike trip , he loved it. But he said yellowstone was far and away the most spectacular thing he ever did on his bike.  Talked about it non stop.  I would think the pacific coast would be another great place on a bike.
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526
    Joy... For me right now, it was able to walk about 30 feet without my walker and just using my cane.   All part of recovering from my recent surgery.

Plus I am now able to get into the kitchen and start cooking again, which I love to do.... Oh and by the way, those hot peppers are waiting for me.  Kimmy, I am chopping some serrano's and harbernero's so I can add them to just about anything I eat.   Well, maybe not cereal.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Chillies wont kill me...its the afterburn that gets me at hello...
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• advertisement
  • You know this is a battle I fight everyday visiting those places meaningful times with family in the past that I will always miss, fishing a river, trips to visit loved ones and family, digging in the garden, cooking huge dinners for those I love on and on. But that does not take away from how each minute of everyday I am so grateful for every single gift I have in my life today.
    I was telling a friend how my grandson still loves to stay over with his grandma every weekend and sleeps on the sofa next to me. He has gotten tall so those long legs at least a number of times stab me in those painful places but I would not trade for one minute that added pain for him. Just watching him sleep takes any pain far away. We got out our fly poles and the fishing pack I put together for him and were admiring it while I described all the different flies to him and told him about how you bring your line back and let the fly drop on the surface of the water. We have a plan for grandma to teach him this summer so is that a goal or what. My son told me he would carry me out over the bank onto the boat on the lake (I can just see that) and I can kick back no need to give up fishing and great cook outs on the bank watching the sunset go down.
    That is my motivation to get better my family but also I need to do some work on not spending so much time trying to be what I used to be. If a person is at a level where their pain is at least manageable and I have been there it makes a huge difference in ones life period.
    Take care I loved reading your posts. Sherri
  • Sherri--you and I both share a love of fishing AND a relationship bond where someone is willing to do whatever it takes to get you out on the water (you with your son, and me with my husband).  I have yet to try fly-fishing, but it's on the bucket list!
    So much great energy surrounding us...sometimes it takes my breath away!
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!

• chillies wont kill me...its the afterburn that gets me at hello...

picturing you sitting in a snowbank...hahahahahaha!!!!
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 606
    Itsautonomic-
    I will have to include Yellowstone if we ever head out west again! 
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526
    I have never been there, but I would love to do an Alaskan River boat tour.
    One of our friends did it and said it was amazing
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement