Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

I am new hear folks

I've wanted to sign up for this site for a while now and finally did it.  So I am a 38yo male who is going on 9 years of some sort of spin issue.  I was in a few very severe car wrecks years ago where people are shocked I walked away.  After all of those, was a huge gym rat and lofted heavy weights.  One exercise I did was the leg press with over 600lbs.  After a while of that, I began having low back pain.  Went from chiropractic,  to orthopedic,  to injections to pills with no help.  Few years went by and the pills were stronger, but no answers.  Tried a neurosurgeon who redid the mri and showed 2 blown discs L4L5 and L5S1.  He talked me into an L5S1 ALIF, but both levels.  Let's just say I spent the 4 years in pain mgmt on the strongest pills made and 2 stimulator attempts. 

2015 began with me quitting pills cold turkey and my low back feeling ok.  I get back to the gym, nothing heavy, when my mid back flares up.  I get this wrap around rib pain and burning shoulder blade pain.  This has gone on over a year some good days, some bad....until recently.   I am seeing a real good pain doc, but only for injections for now.  I am trying to not take pills again because of last time, but am in pure agony right now.  

I just.got.a 2nd injection in my herniated T11 T12 to try to ease the rib pain.  The Dr had to readjust 3 times or 3 stabs to get into that part of my back.  Says it's covered in arthritis, which be why the rib pain is so bad.

My cervical mri showed quite a bit at C6.  Something that causes right side pain and numbness....amongst other stuff.  The weird part of all this is the extreme burning and.pressure that I feel from my mid-upper back all the way into my head.  I have been unable to find answers on that.part, which is making it impossible to even hold my head up sometime.

Dr wants to try an injection at C6 soon and even talked surgery.

I've already had 6 back surgeries and don't want a.neck one to add.

I will keep you all posted if anyone is.interested.   please.feel free.to respond and comment on the topics here.

Hope to hear from some people who can relate.
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome JP
    I hope you find some answers to what is hurting you.
    Same situation
    Gym Rat
    1350 leg press
    800 lb shrugs off of pins.

Then
    Auto accident.
    The difference i think we have is that we carried more muscularure to preserve us from worse injury.
    And also
    Since you worked out, you know the difference in good and bad pain.

Meds..are a tool..nothing more, nothing less
    It isbest i think to follow your PM docs advice..as there can be some harmfull effects.

Good Luck to you!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health