Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Urgent care Dr and Pain Dr prescribing same meds?

I posted about having my chronic low back pain masking my UTI, on Chronic pain forum, but wanted to ask you all, have you ever had to go to urgent care for different condition and have them prescribe same narcotic but for acute care, that you get from pain Dr. for chronic pain care. Urgent care Dr. was informed of all medications I'm on and dosages, I had been taking 800 mgs of Ibuprofen a day (not every day  but 2 1/2 weeks out of the month at least) before UTI, Urgent care Dr. stated I had a lot of blood in my urine and it could be from Ibuprofen so he wanted me to stop that completely for a few days hence the Prescription for pain med to help pain. I asked him to please send all my appointment notes and test results back to pain Dr,  but I am now worried that he will be upset over this/ Yikes is how I feel. I am chicken little when it comes to stuff that could get ugly fast. 

S. Houston
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,521
    Contact your pain management doctor the first chance you get and explain the situation.   It would also be helpful if the urgent care doctor contact your pain management doctor since they were the ones that prescribed pain medication.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • shouston7sshouston7 SOUTH CAROLINAPosts: 34
    I asked the urgent care dr to send everything to pain dr and have an appointment next week with pain dr, and I signed a release at urgent care to send everything,  I may call urgent care to ask them to call him. I wish one Dr could take care of me instead of 4 drs.  it gets so frustrating
    S. Houston
  • advertisement
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I would call pain Dr. right away.Let him know asap.Same thing happened to me last Christmas.We were in er Christmas Eve and Christmas day.The er doc told me to take a pain med that he was giving me for my uti but after it was filled I saw it was one of the meds I am already taking.I was so sick that I didn't even look at the scripts.Just handed them to my husband who took to the pharmacy.I called pain Dr who was out for the holidays and left a message.It then was no big deal.He understood.I wish you the best!
  • shouston7sshouston7 SOUTH CAROLINAPosts: 34

Nes929, I didn't know how awful UTI could get so quickly, I did contact pain Dr. office and let them know and had the urgent care fax the report. Have my pain Dr. apt Thursday this week. Thank you for the response!

ToBrandysue50 and DiLauro, also Thank you for the comments.

4 and 1/2 years ago I thought this pain stuff would be temporary and I would get back to all the things I used to do. Its been hard to come to terms that I might have to be on medications the rest of my life.

DiLauro, I read about all the surgeries you've endured and commend you on your attitude to keep on with your life the best as you can. I thought I was handling things the best I could, but I've realized I've got make some changes, walk more, eat healthier and to socialize a little more, I ve isolated myself too much.

Again Thank you for all the comments they help so much!

S. Houston
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,521
    S.Houston, thanks for your comment
    We all keep doing what we need to do.  But, without help from my family, I wouldn't be half as strong.   So, to enjoy life the best, you also need a support group that  is always there fro you.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement