Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Serve leg and back pain after lumbar fusion

Hi everyone,

i am 28 years old and had three spinal surgeries. My last one was in October just before Christmas which was a two level lumbar fusion at L5/S1. My pain and leg pain symtoms started to reduce and was managing 5 miles walks a day. For the past few weeks my pain is increasingly getting worse where I have been in a&e and been of work and unable to sleep or walk. My back pain and leg pain is so serve now I have been for an MRI. 
Has anyone else experienced these problems? 

Thank you in advise 
G Bradley
advertisement

Comments

• Hello, GB 88!

I experienced a recurrence of pain plus additional symptoms of "saddle anesthesia" (numbness in area that would touch a saddle!), severe pain down both legs into my feet, electric shock type pains throughout lower back and buttocks/genital area.  This was about 6-7 weeks after my L4-S1 fusion surgery.  Follow-up MRIs revealed scar tissue had built up at the surgical site, and was impinging my nerve roots (especially at the L4/5 level).  I has a procedure called "epidural lysis of adhesions", and although not everyone is a candidate for this procedure, I have been amazed at the relief I have been experiencing as a result! 

Have you received the results back from your MRI  yet?

In the interim, welcome to the forums!  Please click on the following link for some helpful information to get you started!
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!