I am scheduled for a two day four level fusion in ten days. I had the great fortune of clearing some vines that turned out to be poison ivy two weeks ago and got a nasty rash all over. The rash has cleared up nicely and my skin appears to be doing very well. Problem now is that I still itch all over at night to the point I can't sleep very well and the itching can get intense when my skin gets warm. I do not itch at all during the day and it gets under control with a cold shower. I have been taking antihistamines which I think I need to stop since I'm ten days out too.
Question: Will the surgeon care that I have an itching problem even if it is from dry skin? I have asked his office, but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone bad a similar experience?