Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Artificial DIsc's Lumbar Level Needed

Just found out I need 2 new discs at L3 &L4.  Doc said recovery and back to work within 1 week and full recovery with no activity restrictions after weeks.  Pretty sure this was for one, but guess could apply to 2.  Said going in through abdomen making a C incision by belly button.  Anyone have this done and how'd it work out?  
advertisement

Comments

• hvillshhvills Suzhou, ChinaPosts: 971

Joanna

That's amazing what you have done post fusion!!!    But I'm guessing that all that running is a key contributor to your current round of back problems.    I guess you are aware that as you take out more and more shock absorbers (discs) out of your back... the smaller upper discs will now have to take the load/shock that your lower lumbar discs used to take... and they are not designed to cope with those kinds of loads.  I can appreciate your love of running and fitness... but there comes a point in time where you also need to consider your future health.  Just my 2 cents...

Normally I would give 5 to 1 odds against anyone recovering and being back to work in one week... that is insanely fast... but in your case I think I will only give 2 to 1 odds.   

Harry - 65 year old male...
    PLIF L4-L5-S1 due to disc degeneration... May 23, 2013
    PLIF L5-S1 due to failed fusion and broken screw... Jan 19, 2015
    Microdiscectomy, decompression L3-L4 due to herniated disc... Jan 19, 2015
  • smartens162smartens162 Manitoba, CanadaPosts: 451
    that seems awfully rushed to me, but I'm not the doctor :) I am considering ADR at L5-S1, and since I can't find alot of posts on this forum about them, I'll be checking in on you.  Do they say how long the hardware is expected to last?  Good luck with your surgery and recovery!

• advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello msfitnss !
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    That is very aggressive and would be a red flag to me that I need more reasearch, discussion with dr and second opinion
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
advertisement