Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

L-5 S-1 laparoscopic Discectomy

advertisement

Comments

• hollydollyhhollydolly Oklahoma Posts: 11
    I'd be glad to continue to be on the surgery buddies and to be a positive story. I did have a hard day yesterday and today I'm pretty sore. Back to pain meds on the clock today to let that stuff rest. I am still doing much better pain wise since surgery. I think getting that nerve un pinched was the biggest benefit so far outweighing any thing negative so far! I'm at one week Tomo. My post op is Monday! Has anyone had much instruction to walk or such post surgery b4 pre-op. The nurse said to make sure I'm up and walking around, as to prevent blood clots; however, not a real indication on how long or much each day. I'm taking care of myself daily and that requires a bit of walking since my house is sort of spread out. I've sat outside for few minutes every day to get some sunshine and do a little lap around the pool. Not much more than that. I'm starting to find I'm not comfortable in bed anymore and need to rest my back from just the bed lol. Any advice would be great! PACE yourselves! 

P-positive 
    A- attitude
    C-changes
    E-everything 

• Ellen625EEllen625 New Jersey, USPosts: 757
    Hi
    I have found recovery to be a bit of a roller coaster ride! I am just over 1 month post op and still have to be careful. Too much activity in one day can lead to a bad day. 
    Like you, I wasn't given any specific instructions about walking, just to do it.
    I like your PACE acronym!
    Hope you are well!
    Ellen 
  • advertisement
  • hollydollyhhollydolly Oklahoma Posts: 11
    3 more weeks till my 6 week post op... I had a great first week back to work. I'm waking swimming or riding a bike daily. Feeling good. Still must lay down throughout the day periodically... Like work 3 hours take 30 min to lay flat, work 4/5 hours and then I'm home on my back for bit. Friday was 15 days since surgery and I overdid it by having a friend over after work.  That meant I basically sat down 9am-12 am ... Obviously with few breaks.... But Saturday till 7 pm I was Not good!! Lesson learned! Still have yet to have pain as bad as I did b4 surgery! Getting more balance and stability daily! 
  • Keep the good news coming, and watch out for those "feeling good" days--they can be very deceptive by lulling you into a false sense of security as to what your body is ready for, and what it isn't.  I learned that lesson the hard way, too!! 
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!
advertisement