It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I am in my second trimester (22 wks) and accidentally ruptured my C-7/T-1. (I think picking up my toddler.) I have a history of ACDF at C5-C7 which was successful (but obviously wasn't pregnant during that time). My OB says I can have the procedure in my second trimester and the neurosurgeon is willing to do it. BUT - I am nervous about the safety of the baby as well as lying on my back for the procedure for 1.5 - 2 hours.
I would prefer to hold off on surgery until the baby arrives but I do have weakness/numbness in my arm/fingers which is concerning. I am worried if I don't do the surgery now I will regret it in my 3rd trimester and face serious neurological damage in my arm/hand.
There isn't much out there on ACDF surgery while pregnant... any thoughts would be appreciated!