Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Scared!! Revision surgery

Hi all! I am new here and about to go through my 4th spinal surgery. Ive been down this road before but i have never been as scared as I am now. I had an artifical disc placed in 2011 with continuing pain that would not get better. I went to a new surgeon who looked at my scans and x rays and said the disc was not positioned correctly and it was moving so he thought the best approach was a posterior fusion. The recovery was rough but i was pain free for 3 years!! It was an amazing 3 years until about 2 months ago i started having pain worse then before any of the surgeries. It is unbearable and getting worse everyday. It in my left shoulder and goes half way down my arm like a knife. My surgeon re did an mri and was shocked to see that the artificial disc had moved and is now severely pressing on my spinal cord! He said he needs to remove the disc asap and do another fusion. The reason he didnt take the artifical disc out the first time was he thought it was too risky but now we dont have a choice. Im going for a second opinion of course but if anyone has any comments or similar stories that might make me feel better It would be greatly appreciated! Oh and i will add that i have an 18 month old beautiful baby girl that i also need to worry about now :(
advertisement