Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Multiple pains in back

Hi my name is Helena, i have severe back pain but in multiple places so im thinking multiple problems. Ive have mri's so i know of a couple of my pains but i also have some new pains so im not sure if they are like a trickle down effect or if i have new problems now. And when i landed on this site i thought these forums might help me troubleshoot my problems. I have ]roblems now with my L4, my L5, and my s1 and then i had a fall 3 winters ago in the ice and aquired a shoulder blade injury which now has 2 types of arthritis. But now i have a new pain or pains, which now add to my back pain. These new pains are worse than any of my old ones. I thought at first the pains were caused by uti that i had but as some went away when i healed witj antibiotics i was prescribe from the er doctor. Bit i still have excruciating pain thru the night and early morning before my morning bowel movement. And this pain is in both sides but closer to my spine maybe even my kidneys and it is a super tender pain as also in my gad pains, tender sore like pain but seems to be relieved sometimes completely relieved after my morning bowel movement. Now that puzzled me. Does anyone have any ideas on rhis problem. ? I would greatlybaprecuaye it. Thank you. Helena y
advertisement

Comments

• Ellen625EEllen625 New Jersey, USPosts: 757
    Hi Helena,
    Have you mentioned these new symptoms to your doctor? How old is your mri? 
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello macbeth2222 !
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello...
    My primary doctor tried working with my pain two years before referring me to pain management/neurologist doctor.
    Best thing for me!

He did a variety of tests that at that time I was unaware of. They were never mentioned to me before.
    With the results of testing, PM doctor was able to note areas of my spine responsible for my pain and he developed treatment plan for me.

It can be a bit of trial and try again re pain management, but so worthwhile for me.
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History