Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Possible herinated disk problem??

Hello everyone,

I am a bit concerned with an issue I've been having with my back for the past year. I first started by having issues with lower back pain and weakness, I spoke to a doctor who passed me into pshiotherapy. I continued my excersise and the pain seemed to have disappeared for a few months. Recently the same back pain returned this time a bit worse, I also started realising some weird symptoms that I wanted to share with you all to see if any of this makes sense. 

1) pins and needles are common especially when sitting down.

2) I generally feel weak again more common in the lower part of the body. 

3) blurryness in my vision including eye pain and eyes feeling dry.

4) I also some times have trouble walking after sitting down, I also getting a feeling below my ankle at the back of the foot making it a bit difficult to raise my foot for me to walk correctly. 

I went to a doctor who has since sent me for an Mri, were still waiting on the results for this. 

Ive also had some stomach pain and diorrea and sometimes head aches.

The physiotherapist just reckons its "mechanical issues" and has sent me for a Mri to be on the safe side. I just want to be in the safe side just incase its something more than just "mechanical".

Any help will be much appreciated.

thanks 

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,478
    edited 08/30/2016 - 12:34 AM
    Hello ibmw99
    Please remember
    There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
    Responses will be members personal experiences only

Please click on the link for useful information

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • ibmw99iibmw99 LondonPosts: 4
    Hi Liz,

Thank you for you're response, I'm aware of this just wanted an opinion to see if anyone has had the same issue.
  • advertisement
  • Ellen625EEllen625 New Jersey, USPosts: 757
    Hi
    Make sure you get copies of your mri pics and resulrs. I can tell you I had severe sciatic pain on my right side down to about mid calf with some numbness in my foot. My mri revealed a large herniation at L5S1. 
    Ellen