Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Too much or not too much post microdiscectomy

Comments

• AMWoodyAMWoody SurreyPosts: 107
    Hello I am 5 months post OP and yes it is UP & DOWN... I have had the laying awake episodes wondering if I had re-herniated. Nothing anyone tells you can stop you worrying but as ong as you are sensible you will be ok. I was allowed to drive after day 12 and it was the worst thing it did. Really hurt myself... I was told to go back to normal life including bending etc. OBVS i could not do any of this so I went at my own pace. Walking around the garden and sitting at a desk at home to go ont he computer.Then back to bed..... My body hurt so bad. I was not expecting this. As I came of Meds i then suffered extreme insomnia. Just when you think your back pain is improving then WHAM something else shows up. So it is in my opinion a long road. Imagine the inner workings of the back and all the ligaments and muscles that have been moved. It will not be a quick recovery and life will in my opinion never be as care free but the way I look at it is I am moving and I have use of my legs which lets be honest is something we should all be grateful for. To lesson the fear of re-herniating I just say to myself oh well if it happpens then it does. Such is life... and I will deal with it. BUT my life has changed and the trauma affected me badly. My strength of mind is returning and life will return with it.... 
  • AMWoodyAMWoody SurreyPosts: 107
    Also I think the after care and advice is so minimal it adds to the constant need to find forums. It is a lonely road and I wish I had found this when I was in the early stages. But now hopefully I can help others...
  • advertisement
  • hiya im 4 months post surgery i had a L5 heriation was never told if it was l4 or s1i have my days somtimes weeks that i have problems im walking more and going to pt and seeing my psycologist to see if hec an do anything to help with my anxiety/frustration i think thats the worst  is the emotional toll it gives me but ill work it out and yesh ive had fears i reherniated after a day at an amesument park on a rollercoaster and bumper cars(totally regret the bumper cars) and i had pain for weeks atter but the past few days it hasnt been as bad still a little sore but ive been walking short walks its helping somewhat
This discussion has been closed.