Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Only 1 1/2 weeks since surgery

Hello all,
I'm just a week and a half since c6/ c7 acdf surgery. The first 2 days post op were relatively pain free except for the throat business. Had gotten off all pain meds only to find myself experiencing growing pain in my right shoulder and no strength in my right arm. Sound familiar? 
Back on Oxycodone and getting a strongarmed lesson in patients (pun intended ).  I've read some discussions that are long since closed and would like to know how folks are doing 6 months later and longer. 
Thanks lovely people!
advertisement

Comments

• I had my ACDF five months ago as of today. I still have the strangling and choking stuff. Muscle spasms in my neck, migraines never stopped. 

My arm is different than most people in the sense that I have CRPS. I will say that for me not much has changed since surgery, but with my nerve damage I was told about this prior to my surgery. I do have feeling in my pinkie finger where before surgery it was absolutely numb.