Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

I'm new and just want to share my story

I was diagnosed with scoliosis at age 9 at the time I had strep throat and my Dr noticed my spine during my exam. I wore a brace for 1 year 23 hours a day in 1990. In 1991 I had developed 2 more curves dispose the brace. I had my first surgery in 1991 and I was only 11 years old. I went 19 years with minimal pain and complications.  In 2013 I fell down some stairs and broke a clip that held a rod and damaged a disc. In 2014 I underwent 2 surgeries. One to remove the original hardware and remove and fuse the damaged disc. The second to add new hardware and teens the rods to my waist they where originally from my collar bone to the bottom of my rib cage. Now 2 and a half years later I have a bulging disc at La-Z-Boy I believe. The last disc at the bottom and I have nerve pain attacks and weakness in my left leg. They are saying since I'm under 40 they won't fix it yet. I was taking pain medication for round the clock pain management was recently forced off said medication. Anyone else out there like me? A rare case that no one wants to touch? 
advertisement

Comments

• Ellen625EEllen625 New Jersey, USPosts: 757
    Hi casswats3
    I am not in your situation but wanted to offer my sympathy. Can you get a second opinion?
    Ellen 
  • Hello Cass
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    As Ellen mentioned.a fresh set of eyes may be needed .
    Have you checked the resources available on Spine-Health?
    Please use the Welcome message below and find some more information on Spine Health.

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• advertisement
  • Hi, I'm  also a new member. Just wanted to let you know I  am a rare cases also. Born with a birth defect I had surgery at 9 months old for congenital dislocated hip with dysplasia. By age 35 had my 1st hip replacement, Dr's didn't want to touch me but I couldn't put weight on my leg. I weigh 113 so I'm not over weight but WAS very active. Only 3 yrs later the liner cracked in my replacement so needed a hip revision surgery. Never getting off the cane a year later another hip revision surgery to repair the metal cup that moved. Now I SUFFER from bursitis & tendonitis in the same hip. During the 2nd & 3rd hip surgeries my low back was diagnosed with disc disease, bulging discs, etc.... The L4, L5, & S1 levels are excruciating !! Once again, I'm in the same predicament no one wants to HELP me
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello lisamb !
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

advertisement