Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain Pump dosages

j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
Hi, I had a pain pump untill recently. I had a problem with the cathiter. The P.P. Dr. couldn't get a new one in because of my back being so messed up from all the many surgeries. I'm in the process of getting a real surgeon to put it back in.
But my Question is my P.P. Dr. would not titrate my pump to more than 2.368 mg. of Dialaudid per day. Wich was less than half of what I needed! I'm wondering what dose others are getting. And do you think your under dosed or about right.
Please help me out with this. It's important to me to know. How long you've been in chronic pain and amount of corrective surgeries would help to. I've had 10 surgeries some only minor and some major. I've been in chronic pain scince 1989.
Than you, Jim
Click my name to see my Medical history
You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
advertisement

Comments

• I'm getting 6.5mg of morphine per day. I also take oxycodone to supplement the afternoon
    Bill K
  • We have to remember that the concentration of the pump meds is different for each patient. My pain doc said to think of it like Crystal Light drink mix, some use more & some less. He said my Morphine was very concentrated and I've noticed my per day dosage is radically lower than other pump patients dosages. True for most medications that are liquid--some are consistent in their strength, some are lesser or stronger, giving each patient a unique dosage. I always loved Pharmacology, but man can it seem confusing at first figuring out mgs per ml and then calculate what the physician ordered.  
  • advertisement
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745

Are there any other P. P. People out there that can tell me what mg. Of Dilaudid your pump is set at? Mine is set at 3.850 and gives me about 35 or 40% relief. And the pm Dr. Says that he won’t go over 4%. And with him wanting to cut all orals. It’s just not going to work for me. This Dr. Has divorced from his wife and he got raked over the coals. And he is scared to death of law suits and the C. D. C. 

Jim 

Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 330

I'm prescribed morphine in my pump so no input on that but I presume (dangerous) there is a standard max that can be prescribed...just a thought. 

advertisement