Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Questions about Radio frequency ablation

After two steroid  injections in the last year (one lasted 3 months-one lasted 4 days), I am planning to have a RF ablation next week.  My questions to those that have had it done--- 1. did you have to stay awake during the procedure and 2. How much pain after the procedure?  I've been told what to expect, but hope to hear from those that have had it done.  Thanks!
advertisement

Comments

• mkellenmmkellen New YorkPosts: 10
    I had one in 2007. I was awake only local. Heck I drove home after it. I don't remember much pain after. It did take one more epidural injection a few weeks after for the sciatic pain to stop. The actual process was a little painful but more odd feeling than anything. I will tell you the shots and Chiro care worked for about 8 years. Just this past spring did the pain return.  Good luck. 
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello wbdolphin!
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • i had one done a couple months ago. it was local, but i had IV pain killers and sedatives. i had to communicate with my Dr to be able to let him know when they did nerve testing if the correct nerves were being effected. it wasnt too bad, but my husband had to drive me home due to the sedatives they gave me. nerve die-off took about 2 months, but i know i have to have what my dr calls "touch up procedure" because my pain level isnt where i need it to be. im not worried about it, i think the worst part is that my husband has to take off work again if that makes you feel any better lol. hope all goes well for you!
  • wbdolphinwwbdolphin FloridaPosts: 18
    Thank you!
advertisement