Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Chronic Pain trying Butrans patch again

Hi I've been suffering from chronic neck and back pain for about 6-7 years. I'm 44 and I've pretty much lost the life I had. I tried this patch before but it made me feel poisoned and I already have a migraine/CVS thing going on so I'm terrified of it. But I just had another CVS episode and ended up at the hospital vomiting blood so it really would be good for me not to eat Percosets like chicklets all day because they seem to cause acid. I take Flexiril 4x/day with the Percoset and I function. I'm still suffering but I can function, somewhat. Anyway, I found this great thread on here on the Butrans patch which I just put on, the 5 mcg, but I cut it in half. I asked my Dr. if that would ruin the time release effect and she said no it was okay. So I hope that's true! lol I read the whole thread on the patch. Most of it was really old but I saw how many people were on here and I thought hey this is good, we can help each other. Another problem I'm really having is getting treated like a drug addict in the hospital and pharmacy and people in my own life not believing me. So much of Fibromyalgia, Migraine, CVS, Raynaud's etc. is invisible to people and it is so difficult to deal with this guilt of illness and this feeling of criminality because you need to use an opioid drug. I tried all the antidepressant types and they did not help and I just sat and stared. This is so hard on me because I'm a doer type. I'm not a lazy drug addict. This is so hard! So Brothers and Sisters that's what I'm hoping for and also not to puke from this patch and also for some dog gone relief. Thanks for any commiserating/shared experience whatever you feel about what I'm sayin :smile:" alt=":smile:" height="20" /> 
advertisement

Comments

• ClickAustinCClickAustin Austin, TXPosts: 1
    I'm new here as well so I don't know if this is the right forum for Butrans discussions. I have been using the Butrans patch at the highest dosage for over a year.  I love how it works 24x7 (actually 24x9). However, do research on your specific med combination side effects related to Butrans.  Nausea can be treated if the benefits of Butrans outweigh the costs.  But, like any treatment you have to go through a cycle of research, diagnosis, research, treatment, evaluation, research, adjustment, evaluation, research, alternative treatment, evaluation, and so on, until you find a treatment combination that works for you. Keep posting, but for the best feedback look for a Butrans specific topic in another forum.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello sickofthepain !
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
    hello clickaustin !
    welcome to spine-health
    Sue
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I've never heard of that patch. Will look into it. Tried lidocaine patches with no luck.
     I know what you mean about pharmacy & others acting like you're a junkie because you need pain meds. It's just not right. I got fed up with that kind of stuff from a national chain pharmacy & switched to small, less convenient but a million percent nicer & more understanding local pharmacy. A friend with a different type of chronic pain went thru the same & recommended the new one to me.
    I hope you find relief thst doesn't make you sick!
    hello ameliapond !

welcome to spine-health
    Sue

• advertisement
advertisement