I have had two fusions (Level 3/4 and 6/7). I now have a ruptured disc at C5. I am so worried about having three levels fused and worry what it will do to my mobility. I am a secretary and cannot afford not to work. I was just wondering if any of you have been in my shoes and wondered what you have done. Don't know how much more of the nerve pain I can take. Should I get a 2nd opinion? My doctor said to hold out as long as I can take the pain. It's been three months and I am at my wit's end. Recovery would be 8-12 weeks. Is that what you've experienced? I know my health is important but I can't lose my job. My quality of life is next to nothing.