Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Thoracic pain aggrevated by the shoes I wear- vertebral endplate irregularity/schmrols nodes

So I know my main problem, and that is that I have vertebral endplate irregularities and schmorls nodes in my thoracic spine. My pain is highly aggravated by the type , of footwear that I wear. For example, I discovered that Nike Air Max seem to be the best choice for me. So I bought a second pair about a year ago. These shoes are now pretty worn out and ive been shopping for new ones lately. I have bought 3 pairs in the last six months and after wearing them for a few days my spine is killing me and I have to resort to my old nikes. 2 out of these 3 pairs have also been air max and they just dont work. Im just curious if anyone out there faces this dilemma and if they have any advice.

advertisement

Comments

• Certain shoes tend to make my t spine act up pretty badly.
    Full heeled work boots seem to square me out..but my gait is so bad i tend to wear them out quickly.

As for walkers and trainers, a certain durometer reading is just the medicine for my habits.
    The air shoes while comfy..made me,hurt in the long run
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    Is this added to the pain from typing or is this something totally different than your last post?
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • advertisement
  • Yes it may aggregate that pain, but it is the same area and would happen either way. The typing pain is more upper back like near my shoulder blades and the shoe related pain is more mid back.
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    Sounds like some posture type issues going on there, have you went to a shoe store that specializes in athletic fittings to match your foot type?
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.