Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Herniated disc l5s1 laminectomy and discectomy

Hi everyone, i need an advice with the condition i am experiencing now. I had my surgery last sept 6, 2016 it's been 16 days since i had my operation of laminectomy and discectomy l5 s1. My mri result was seen by the doctor on sept 4 and he said that i need to do the surgery because my disc already herniated and sequestrated to my left that he had to see also the left to check if it also herniated so i had to push through the surgery. After the surgery he said that my nerves are swelling that he had to take the lamina ( soft tissue) and it is normal that i will experience some numbness. so it took 6 days before i get discharge and good thing that i had the stregth to walk on the 2nd day after the surgery. so now, on my 16th day i can walk well both legs but what i am experiencing now is the numbness i feel on my left leg. actually, been complaining of right leg numbness and pain on the back of my hips before the surgery and now after the surgery i can feel left buttcheek numbness, side of my thigh, leg and numbness on the heel up to my toes which is very different from what i am experiencing before well actually there is minmal pain before on my left and little numbness but not too much after the surgery! but with my right extremity just the leg and 3 toes are just numb and i can feel that my right leg is getting better now. i am just worried about my left now. i had some series of pt and my therapist says that it was normal but why my left is not getting better? it was still the same as what i experienced from the day 1 post op surgery? please i need help any advice? do anyone of you experiencing the same thing? need advice please
advertisement