Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Back of right thigh sciatica pain

Anybody have sciatia pain in the back of your right thigh? I've had mine with some groin rt side pain for about 2 months now. Curious as to what info you have to share regarding your diagnosis with this type of pain.

I did have a l4-s1 laminectomy spinal fusion 10 years ago, have since recovered and felt fine. Now I have bulging l3, disc degeneration, spinal stenosis, bone spurs as well. Never had sciatica pain in my previous years. Not sure if it's related to the l3 issues I'm having or something else.
advertisement

Comments

• I have the pain you describe and the cause of it is a herniation L4-L5 S1
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello haley750 !

Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • JameyhJJameyh Atlanta, Ga.Posts: 98
    Hi Haley,
    I have had a similar problem for the last 6 months. Started with right hip and low back pain. Within 2 months I have right groin pain and the dull aching pain down the back of my right thigh and leg continuing to the hip. PT helped stretch the muscles the groin pain subsided however the rest of it got worse daily. I am unable to walk more than 10 minutes without having to bend forward on a shopping cart or hobbling back to my car. Just like "brokeback" I had a herniation (spondylolisthesis) at L4-L5 with severe DDD from arthritis. It sucks but you probably need to have a repeat MRI and get evaluated again. My repair surgery is scheduled for Dec 5th. I need an ALIF and posterior instrumentation. It all sucks but this forum has been very supportive. Be well...
    JoAnn