Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

When will I be able to return to sports

I suffered an injury during a sports match in which I was driven backwards landing on the back on my head basically kissing my chest (like diving in a swimming pool with hands behind back and landing on back of head) 

i had nothing show up x Rays and never lost feeling in hands of feet walking fine with minor ache waiting hour and half for ambulance 

I did did an mri just incase 6 days later and found compression fractures in T3/T4 and two herniated discs. I've to wear a brace for 4-6 weeks to heal fractures and no mention of discs/ if I should worry about them. I'm currently experiencing no pain just boredom in recovery. 

just looking to get an opinion when I will return to high impact activity with the zero pain at moment as current doc has zero clue regarding sports 
advertisement

Comments

• Hello Rocknrollstar

Welcome to Spine-Heath
    Please click the welcome message below for mor informtion and resources
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    edited 09/26/2016 - 11:18 AM
    Hyperflexion injury ?  I had a college friend who had same in thoracic, wore a brace our entire senior semester, also had no pain.  For the no pain part I would be extremely thankful.  But as to when, he never returned to football running back, but moved to punter. Each person is different as is each injury so only with a doctors advice and your testing the waters will you know for sure.  But what is concrete is the fracture can heal, the herniated discs are herniated and while they do not present pain now the process is there to start degeneration so you cannot ignore them and possibly will need to modify workouts etc to compensate to not overload them.  Listening to your body now can keep you from being one of us "chronic" people on here.
    As for my friend he had herniations also, but they wanted to concentrate on fractures and then reevaluate when healed.  But his herniations were like yours, once fracture healed their was no pain.  Have not talked to him in several years, but I know he works and is married lives a normal life and does most of what he wants in terms of active stuff.
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • advertisement
  • Got exact whereabouts of fractures and herniated discs. All doesn't mean much to me but more than I was told it seems

No herniations at the thoracic spine fracture levels (T2 and T3). 
    There are herniations in the cervix spine at C4-5, C5-6, and C6-7. 
    There are also herniations in the thoracic spine, mid to distal thoracic spine at T6-7 and T7-8.