Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

L4/5 laminectomy discectomy 6 months on

Hi all , after 4 years of pain 3 surgeons and 3 weeks in hospital with a catheter and no feeling in my left leg groin etc .I finally had a laminectomy discectomy on my l4/5 but six months out I am getting pain around the op site and down my left leg and numb foot that has got worse over the last week I really thought I was improving at about 4 months out but now don't feel any improvement at all and can't stand or sit for more than 15 minutes with out pain and discomfort 
Driving has got hard again as I can't hardly feel my left foot ...
Has anybody got any thoughts on this or had a simmiller outcome ???  Reherniation or scar tissue ???
Thanks for reading am getting so down and depressed I just hope more surgery may be possible to correct whatever is wrong .
advertisement

Comments

• Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,510
    Ginger65

It isn't uncommon for some of the nerve pains to come back for a little while, even at 6 months.  So, how long has this been back?  Have you discussed it with your surgeon yet?

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• ginger65gginger65 EnglandPosts: 14
    It's been about 2 weeks now and it still feels as if there is still pressure on s something in my lower back ..the surgeon said I should be a lot better at this stage and ordered another mri with contrast in a couple of weeks the pain and feelings have got too much so I have gone sick groom work it really gets me down as the only way I get relieve is lying down ........thanks for replying .
  • advertisement
  • crafty114ccrafty114 Los Angeles Posts: 2
    edited 09/28/2016 - 6:27 PM
     I have had the same results I felt amazing for first two months and now I am feeling the pain again . My pain management doctor first thought that it was my SI joint so he injected them and it really did not work . They say there's more pressure put on them . Now he's thinking it is scar tissue and there is a procedure like an epidural that will scrape all the scar tissue off the nerve endings that I am doing in a couple weeks .  My last option is to take the screws out of my right side . That is most of my pain and I can actually feel them . MRI and x-rays have showed up normal  and my doctors shaking his head not really sure what to say.stretching and core exercises have always helped me. I am a strong willed person and let me tell you I just started taking Zoloft because of the depression I started to get .like if this is what I need to deal with for the rest my  need to mentally prepare don't be afraid to seek help . Luckily you're not alone with this site and you sound exactly like what I'm going through . Also what helped me out and they look really funny is a shoe called Z coil there's a money back guarantee if they don't work it takes a lot of relief off your back .
  • ginger65gginger65 EnglandPosts: 14
    Thank you I hope you get some relief as you say it's depressing it's started to get myself really down as I thought a had cracked it and have now had to go off work again as I just can't cope being there with this pain and discomfort ......I hope my mri shows something they can go for ...

advertisement