Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Undiagnosed and frustrated

I am a 49-year-old woman.  My symptoms started around four or five months ago.  I started  losing sensation from the feet now up to my armpits.   I cannot feel pain or hot or cold.   I do not have any pain.   This also has come with a lot of muscle weakness In my legs.  I am at the point now I cannot walk around for more than 15 minutes at a time.  I also get muscle spasms in my legs and feet.
 My process of treatment so far has been a T spine MRI   Which showed a problem between C7 and T1   It appears to be spinal stenosis with degenerative disc disease    I was sent to a neurosurgeon who ordered a cervical MRI to see if there was more spinal stenosis in the neck.  This MRI also found a problem between C6 C7 and T1  but it was not read to be spinal stenosis but rather possibly MS.  The surgeon sent me back to the neurologist to follow up on the MS theory. The neurosurgeon did not think the disc problem and a possible small bone spur were enough to cause the symptoms I'm having  and said I didn't need surgery.  The neurologist ordered a brain MRI.   That came back mostly inconclusive for MS.  I apparently have some lesions but not thought to be MS lesions    So now the neurologist  says it has to be structural and is sending me back to the surgeon    I can't get back in with him for another month.   In the meantime the weakness gets worse   I am very frustrated and need answers not to be bounced back-and-forth and not know what's wrong with me   
advertisement

Comments

• ejames

That is a lot to carry, is there another doctor you can go to to get another opinion?
    Those are some worrysome symptoms.

Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click the Welcome message for more information and resources here on Spine- Health.

Hang in there, many of our members have similar issues and may have the answers your looking for.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,587
    You've got a lot going on and am so sorry.
    The sad thing is ,nowadays, you will get bounced around. I think it's happened to most of us on here. And it's hard to be patient when you're worried and want an answer. Be persistent and keep calling (in a nice way lol)) and get on a waiting list. Start you a list of questions and concerns to discuss with your doctor so you can get answers. May a second opinion from someone else?
    I have spinal stenosis and degenerative disc disease from my neck down. Have dealt with it for years. I'm 68 and 2 yrs ago idiopathic scoliosis developed fast. But I've also got 4 bulging disc, 2 fractured vertebrae and 4 bone diseases which causes nerve damage. Within the last month I've developed a lot of muscle weakness in my legs, hands and arms, and tingling. I've been walking with a cane but could still get around. 
    Now I'm on total bed rest. Both of my doctors said everything back there needs to calm down. He increased my Neurontin, really didn't know where else to start. Which one is causing the pain and numbness? Hard to tell.
    Do you still work? And, are you able to rest?
    Please stay in touch, if you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement