Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

upper back pain

21 yrs ago I fell down some icy stairs landing on my upper back on a concrete stair and I haven't been the same since. I found out 3 yrs ago that I had fractured two vertebra in the fall. Since then I've had pain which has gotten worse over the yrs. The pain is between my shoulder bled and spine and is a deep, agonizing burn that sometime wraps around my chest and my middle fingers go numb. Walking, standing and sitting make the pain worse. I've gone through 6 epidural injections, trigger point injections, 2 yrs of PT, I take medications and was told by my PM doc that she could do nothing else. When she started reducing my painkillers I started to seek out other dr who also couldn't help me. When i told my PM I was looking at other options suddenly she started to offer me other options to manage my pain. Imagine how angry I was after two yrs of her telling me she couldn't do anything else, going to other Drs wakes her up. I'm in agony all day everyday. I haven't been able to work, I can no longer attend school I have to do online classes, I can barely do anything at all anymore. Im at my wits end. I have no quality of life anymore. Any suggestions out there?


  • Seevroserun

    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click the Welcome message below to get more information on Spine Health.

    Could you possibly seek out a Back specialist to see if there is a procedure that can be done?
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

    Welcome to Spine-Health

  • seeyvroserunsseeyvroserun Brooklyn, NYPosts: 3
    I've been to spinal surgeons, specialists, chiropractors,  acupuncturists, PM, PT and no one can explain why I have such severe pain also because of where it is I'm told treats are limited. I'm at a loss of where to look. I was hoping someone on here had a similar injury and pain that found a treatment that worked.
  • advertisement
  • jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 745
    What did xrays and MRIs show? 
Sign In or Register to comment.