Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

So glad I found this sight!

amandacyramandacyr New yorkPosts: 25
edited 10/10/2016 - 6:59 PM in New to Pain
I am 36 with 5 kids. I've never had any problems with my body. This pain is unbearable! I feel like giving up and can't stop crying all the time, feeling like I can't handle the pain anymore. My family doesn't understand the pain. So reading all these stories and seeing that other people do understand what I'm going through is so helpful. I'm new to this as my excruciating pain just started a week ago with the initial not so painful pain starting 3weeks ago. I have been hyperventilating thinking this is going to be my life forever! 
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526
    I want to Welcome you to Spine-Health..   
    I only wish we all do not have to meet under circumstances like this.
    Please give us more details about your situation, the diagnostic tests, the doctors diagnosis, etc.....
    Since this all started a little while ago, there is a lot you will need to adjust to and learn about.  But, please, there are so many of us here with severe spinal problems and we enjoy life every single day.  
    A positive approach goes a long way..  We look forward to hearing more from you
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Hi there! 

So sorry to hear you are suffering and I wish you well. I hope you find relief very soon. 

I would like to hear your story, what happened that started your pain? Have you had imaging? What do your doctors say so far? 

If you feel like sharing, we are all willing to listen.  It is nice to meet you, sorry it has to be under these circumstances. Again I hope you are feeling better soon. 
  • advertisement
  • maehaleymaehaley PennsylvaniaPosts: 322
    With 5 kids that cant be easy! I have 3 and that is difficult sometimes. You've found a great place to vent and find information!
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hello,amandacr!
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• amandacyramandacyr New yorkPosts: 25
    Hey,  sorry just seeing all these.. didnt even know this thread posted until now haha. So far all they want to do is perscribe more and more meds ...... which are doing nothing but making me able to walk in a little less pain but none take the pain away. Ive tried a chiropractor twice and have an appointment today but can hardly walk to get there. The er doc from an over the weekend flare up said not to go if new meds were helping ...... so i just dont know what else to do.....
  • advertisement
    Sorry for negativity..... I'm new to all this pain and having a hard time coping 
    Sorry never really said what was going on..... apparently they are saying sciatica..... I've had a sonogram to rule out blood clot, and ct scan in er that indicated nothing major going on in back...... so trying to get in today for more answers. I never fell, or had an accident immediately before pain started just woke up one morning practically undable to use my right leg..... 
  • kowserkkowser Low Angeles Posts: 35
    Sorry to hear ! It's a struggle . Just try to be patient . Lots of options but some may not work . Be cations w the meds
    Thank you. yeah it has been a struggle and still going. I've ever had any problems before this. The worst pain I've ever had is child birth 5 times and that goes away after! ..... This feels like it's never going to go away! .... I've been taken off all meds which is best I think but the pain is still there with no end in sight so still waiting and hoping something helps!
  • Try to see an orthopedic doctor and push for an MRI from your GP, most ortho won't see you if you haven't had one. I had a herniated disc for years that was helped a great deal with physical therapy, though I did just have surgery on that disc. I also never had a fall or traumatic accident, which everyone asks you and which nobody seems to believe is possible, but I am living proof that it is! With 5 kids, you could have hurt yourself any number of ways and just never had the nerve fire like now. Pain is almost impossible to talk about to people that haven't experienced it, it's one of the reasons this site is so awesome. Wishing you the best!
advertisement