Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Are they related?

Hello,
I;ve been suffering for 8 months with lower back pain, pins and needles, tingling and burning/stinging in my groin, buttocks and thighs, after sudden attack of lower back and groin pain, mostly on the right side which radiated into my thigh, buttocks and genitals.  
I'll try and get to the point quickly.  I'd suffered with low back pain before but never sought much help, I'd also had rt groin throbbing occasionally.  Now my groin was swollen and the area around this is very tender and sore to touch.  A pelvic MRI relieved a small cyst/bursitis.  I also had surgery as they believed the swelling was lymph nodes, so biopsy was done.  Lymph node swelling has since been ruled out.  
I had an injection into the bursa, no improvement, I wasn't really expecting it as the pain is now both sides and the cyst only showed in the right hip so that's where they injected, however I was quite depressed as no improvement. My Dr decided to try injecting into the areas where he saw calcium deposits are as a diagnostic treatment.  However at the same time I was also prescribed some different medications by the Rheumatologist.  I'm currently on lyrica 2/day plus noratryptaline 1/day an NSAID 2/day (he's chosen one light on the stomach!) In addition I have codeine 30mg and 5mg morphine (I can't tolerate this) if needed.  I was taking meds for about a week noticed some reduction in pain, which would normally be excruciating by the end of the day.  However after 2 wks I was back to my severe pain in back/groin/buttocks with pins and needles/tingling across shoulder, hands and feet and my groin/thighs and waist are very tender to touch.  I continue to have the groin swelling which has increased. I'm very frustrated and struggling with my sanity right now!

The Rheumatologist is focussing purely on the cyst, I know it isn't causing allthis.  My other Dr (sports therapist) believes this is now definitely my spine.  I saw a neurologist who agrees and has ordered a full spinal scan with contrast, so hopefully I'll finally get some answers!  
My main concern is this: I'm very worried about the tenderness and swelling in my right groin which is increasing, I can't find any relation between spinal conditions and this type of swelling and stinging pain, this is severe at times and I can't touch this area.  Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts?  I'd be very grateful.  Thank you and take care
advertisement