Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I'm new member

Hi all. I'm  struggling ATM
I have ddd my L4 L5 S1 and now just been told  S1 S2 have gone. I'm in so much pain everytime I clean up or do things. My partner doesn't understand at all. I go with in myself and very quite. Pain is 24/7. I'm on lots medication including fencino. Can anyone help me please. Thankyou for reading x 
advertisement

Comments

• tina1972 said:

Hi all. I'm  struggling ATM
    I have ddd my L4 L5 S1 and now just been told  S1 S2 have gone. I'm in so much pain everytime I clean up or do things. My partner doesn't understand at all. I go with in myself and very quite. Pain is 24/7. I'm on lots medication including fencino. Can anyone help me please. Thankyou for reading x 

No on answering. Need some advice please 
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,298
    Hi Tina, and welcome to Spine Health. Sorry no one has replied to you yet, sometimes it can take a few days. One of the moderators will be welcoming you also with articles to read and great videos.
    But until then can you tell us a little more about your situation?
    Are you currently seeing a doctor or neurosurgeon? And I'm assuming he did a MRI?
    Has your doctor discussed what your options are? Or is there a plan for the future?
    Have you tried physical therapy and or injections?
    The lack of support and understanding can be very hard when you're in pain. And the stress doesn't help. Are you still able to work or get out on your own?
    Hang in there, once we get a little more info will talk some more. Hope to hear from you soon.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,510
    Tina

Welcome to the Spine-Health forums.

You have found a great place to discuss your pain with others who understand.

Two pieces of advice to get better responses; Use a title that will attract the attention of people with similar symptoms and include as much information about your condition as possible. With these two, your likelihood of receiving responses will increase.

Please click on the following link for some helpful information to get you started with the forums: Welcome to Spine-Health

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,299
    Hi Tina1972,

Can you talk with your family doctor or general practitioner about getting some help for the pain? living in pain 24/7 is something lots of people here are used to....and it's tough emotionally, physically, mentally, lots of soul searching. especially if people close to you do not understand. it took my husband seeing my xrays to fully appreciate why i was in pain.....he goes to my appointments with me now, and helps me out around the house. You also will find that over time your priorities will change a bit to "i can't stand the mess" to "i will only clean this part of the counter now, and do the rest later". but that change takes time. I'm probably the world's worst person to be giving advice on slowing down! it isn't easy....but it doesn't have to defeat you....

this site has a huge amount of information in it, and the forum is amazing-lots of people with all kinds of stories and advice, take some time and read lots! And please, give us some more information-talk to us about what it is that is the worst, or the most annoying or depressing, or hard....we've been there, hopefully we can help....

for now, know that you found a great place to talk and hear about other people's experiences! If you have some specific things you need to talk about, please...we will try to help as much as we can.

Kathy
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

advertisement