Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Could something else be wrong with my back?

in the beginning of June 2014, I was in a car accident  that resulted in back pain that I ignored until it became much worse. Around march 2015, I went to my doctor and had an MRI done that showed I had a herniated disc between my L4/L5 vertebrae. I started off trying corticosteroids which did not help, then I did physical therapy which I also felt was not helping. I had 3 epidural steroid injections that also did not completely get rid of my pain. I kept trying physical therapy and while in physical therapy, 3 different PT's expressed to me that they thought I had spondylolisthesis in my lower back. I stopped going to physical therapy around January or February 2016. I still do back exercises from time to time when I am in pain but recently I have been experiencing a lot of pain in my lower back again but higher up as opposed to the last site of pain where my herniated disc was. I went to the doctor and they said that it is probably just a pulled muscle, but I have been experiencing tingling in my right leg and foot. I am concerned that something else may be wrong with my back. Should I attempt to get another MRI? or should I just keep stretching? Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions would help a lot. 
advertisement

Comments

This discussion has been closed.