Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Lidocaine injectioned in fibromyalgia triggers..has anyone tried this? ??

LisaGriffithLisaGriffith Posts: 62
edited 10/30/2016 - 5:10 PM in Fibromyalgia
Was hoping for some kind of relief so I was more than happy to try the lidocaine shots. I think I had eight of them, in the back of my head, neck and shoulders. My migraine that I had been fighting for 3 days stopped after the shots and I seemed a bit better. ..but not long after I felt pain in done of the areas where I was injected.  Now for the past 4 days I have been in HORRIBLE pain :s  . .. shoots up to my head. ..anyone out there that tried these injections? ??? Please let me know your outcome and if you did end up worse, how long should I expect to feel like this? ???
advertisement

Comments

• I cannot believe there has only been one view on this topic.  As many that suffer out there with this.  If they truly suffer, they would try almost anything to help. ..I know it is not proven to help but they offer it because some end up with relief for a couple months...
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,473
    Lisa, please don't be upset about the response. I have commented several times on the subject of fibro, no big response. This is a spine forum. But it seems a lot of women who have back issues have fibro. There again, which came first.
    I want to clear something first, are you talking about injections specifically for fibro? There are a lot of procedures that a lot of people don't know about. I've been there, tried with just about anything out there, nothing has helped. Some days when I'm really bad I don't want to sound too negative so I don't respond when I could. I apologize on my part.
    Please post again, we'll talk about it.
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • Thank you!  Yes, I know your right.  I think in my case the fibromyalgia was brought on from my neck surgery June 2015. It doesn't happen all at once. .. the only time I felt "better" after surgery was like the first couple days and went downhill after that.  Never healed well took 4 packs of steroids ect ect.  Anyways these shots or injections were from the rheumatoid doc and was for the fibro. . He said a lot of fibro sufferers have more intense pain in their neck back n shoulders. ..and I know what you mean. ..you need not apologize. .. sometimes I'm just so d desperate for answers. ..and I feel like everything I've tried to hello has made things worse!   :/   So you haven't found any relief yet? 
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,431
    Among the many diagnosis I have fibromyalgia is just one of them But as memerainbolt stated its a topic that generally does not get a lot of responses. From my own point of view and for my personal health, fibromyalgaa, is one of the minor conditions I have to deal with. Again, that is me., does not take away the impact this has on yourself and others.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • That's great for you dilauro!  I also have many conditions and many diagnosis and I'm not concerned about who has what and who's is worse.  After talkng to my rheumatoid doc I've realized many of my conditions are related to my fibromyalgia. Or I should say fibromyalgia is affecting many of my diagnosis n conditions.  I think many people are not educated about the affects that fibromyalgia has on so many issues. 
  • advertisement
    One of the problems with fibromyalgia, is that over the years it has become a catch all phrase when a formal diagnosis has not been established
    It is very interesting how some doctors identify conditions that are related to fibromyalgia, while there are others dont spend much time with this condition.
    It is another situation where the lack of education not just on that but on many other spinal conditions make it seem worse or better than it really is.

By no means was I trying to convey the message that it is a simple problem. Just that with my situation and number of surgeries that I have had, plus many workups with my rheumatologist regarding a degree of RA being added to my degenerative osteoarthritis condition, fibromyalgia was just something that my doctor team was not all that worried about with me.

My point was that this condition is not something that many people post about here
    Lisa, you are so right on so many points.
    Fibro has affected my life for at least 25 yrs. Then came the long list of spinal issues. I've done so much research on it over the years and still hoping for an answer.
    On bad days when my back is screaming, is it fibro? Who knows, I quit asking. I've learned on those days to be gentle on myself. But I can always tell a flare up, fever, feel like I have the flu, diarrhea, dry eyes, etc.
    I have tried just about any meds out there. The one that, finally, works for me is Savella. I've also done injections of all kinds, did not work, made it worse. I'm done with all of that.
    It's not that I'm giving up but I'm tired of fighting it after sooo many years. I've learned how to cope and be kinder to my body.
    Sandra
    Ron, more men are being diagnosed with fibro. At first it was a "woman's issue".
    I really hate you've got it, especially with everything else.
    Sandra
    Sandra, thanks

I tell you I have gotten to the point where my list of diagnosis and problems is getting too long to fit on one page. However, what I have done with my problems is something like this:

Problem A Impact : Minimal, interferes with some heavy outdoor work
    Problem B Impact: Major, since I am a fall risk
    Problem C Impact: None, that I am aware of
    Problem X Impact: xxxx

So, what I do is take all the impact statements, and those that have or could potentially effect many every day, I surface to the top of conditions to try to correct. I then identify what medications I am taking for that condition and what things I should avoid and what things are good for me..

Those with low impacts (for me, fibromyalgia , I push down the list. Now, I revisit this lists at least every 3 months or so to see what changes if any have occurred since the last time.
    Great minds, Ron!! I've kept a journal for years when I have a flare up.
    I have columns for weather, food, drink, stress, meds, indoor and outdoor work/activities and sleep.
    I also have columns for side effects, I check which one applies during a flare up.
    When I know I'm having a flare up I start writing.
    Sandra
advertisement