Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Edema

Hi, I had 2 disectomy and 2 laminectomy w decompression, first one was done in March 2016 and second one on September 26 2016, I was doing ok until few weeks, star feeling that my legs were both getting really cold so cold that looks like a dead peace of meat, following by this annoying numbness then slight pain. It seems to go away after lifting my legs w pillows and rest. But 2 days ago the pain turned into a nightmare, It started w pinching or stabbing pain it was intermittent, followed by a really bad numbness so bad that I couldn't move my leg without help and a cronic pain that was coming from my lower back thru my buttock and radiated all the way to my foot. I was criying like a baby and Im 35 yrs old and screaming in pain. I never experience a pain like this not even before my surgeries. I was for 6 months in Chiropractors after my car accident, in treatments w no success I end up having surgery on my L4-L5 disc herniation, I also have a severe disk bulging on L5-C1, and a not severe bulging disk on L3-L4, I was diagnosed w a severe neural encroachment and spinal stenosis. Also found 3 bulging disk in my cervix. After my second surgery I was also feeling a burning sensation that starts from my surgery site mid lower back and radiates all the way up to my mid back near my shoulders witch I found wear, also my ribs hurts when this happens. I have small bruises all over my thighs as well. While I was on the ER an MRI was performed and it shows that there is an edema in the left paraspinous muscles from L4 extending inferiorly through the sacrum, Im not sure w an edema is or why its there now after almost 7 weeks post surgery. I would ever imagine myself having this pain again, I will like to know why a have an Edema at least any idea and how it can be fix or removed. It took the doctor from the ER (2) Vicodine (2) Morphine and (2) Dilaudid IV injections just to make this awful pain tolerable followed by (2) Vicodine  pills of 7.5/325mg
advertisement

Comments

• hello, melijochy!

edema is a collection of fluid. have you been evaluated for a post-op infection? edemas aren't always infections, but perhaps a call to your surgeon might be warranted to see why you are having this problem. i am sorry to hear that you're going through all of this pain.

i'd like to welcome you to spine-health! please click on the following link for some helpful information to get you started!

welcome to spine-health
    Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!