Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Spinal Deformity years after compression fracture.

I am 19 years old, and am having a lot of back issues. 5 years ago when I was 13, I had some mild compression fractures in my T2, T3, T4. They healed, I was told I would be fine for the rest of my life, and I've been pain free for a long time and very active. Recently, I've started to have some mild pain in my upper back and it feels like I'm developing some spinal deformities. I am a very active person and I've had to stop all my activities like working out, skydiving, sports etc.  There's a lot of literature out there which describes development of kyphosis and scoliosis immediately after injury, but I was wondering if it's possible to develop it many years after injury. If anyone has any insights that would be great.
advertisement

Comments

• Omg. I thought I was young to be having such issues and I am in my forties. I have done a lot of research on this subject because I am battling with traumatic kyphosis and now multiple osteoporosis fractures. I believe it is possible for problems to develop later. I urge you to get yourself checked out because this is not something you want to take any chances with.
    February 2015 : T12 burst fracture undiagnosed for 12 weeks
    June 2015: kyphoplasty
    December: T12-L3 facet injections
    Currently contemplating reconstruction